Monday, January 19, 2009

Lights Up On Washington Heights

I had a weekend full of Broadway this week - Avenue Q on Friday night and In the Heights on Saturday. Needless to say, I feel very fortunate right about now. Both of the shows were amazing! But I'm feeling sort of brain dead at the end of this truly wonderful 3-day weekend so this is going to be a very photo-heavy, writing-light, kind of blog post. I'll make up for it with some great narrative next time, I promise. In the mean time enjoy the pics from my Saturday NYC trip!

The picture above is of my father, his wife Lisa, and my sister, Hillary waiting in the Old Saybrook train station for our way-too-early-for-a-Saturday train. We took an Amtrak train, business class, into the city and then took a town car from Penn Station to Time Square. I should note that I only travel like this when I'm with my dad. When it's up to me I take good ol' Metro North from New Haven to Grand Central and then hoof it or take the subway wherever I need to go.

A picture of the aforementioned folks in Time Square. It was around this time that a woman dressed in a flapper outfit sashayed up to me and said "Hatcha! Whoopie!" and handed me a flyer for Chicago. Now THAT is a dedicated street team member. She was wearing tights in single digit temperatures!

You can barley see it in this pic but if you squint you can see the "2009" and the ball that drops on New Year's Eve at the top of this building just about the Toshiba stuff.

This is where we had lunch - a Pan-Asian restaurant called Ruby Foo's. Apparently Howard Stern likes this place...according to my dad he mentioned it on his show once. I'll just take his word for it. I thought the lanterns hanging from the ceiling were pretty. And the wonton soup wasn't bad either!

My sister, me, and my dad in front of the Richard Rodgers Theatre. We look a little bit chilly, don't you think? At least it wasn't really windy.

The In The Heights set. I thought it was so cool how they used scrim material on the buildings so you could kind of see through them at times. It was such a great show!

Alright that's all for now! Happy MLK Day!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you liked the show! I'm also glad you had all of that high class transportation, because it was SO COLD! I want your dad to take me to New York next time! (By the way, you should have recommended TGIF's for lunch!)

    ReplyDelete