Sunday, June 14, 2009

Babies, Cheesecake, and Love

SO I decided to delete my last post. I've never done that before but I decided it was just negative blah-di-blah-blah about a whole lot of nothing so away it went. Onward and upward!

This weekend has been truly great. It started off Friday night when Shane and I went on a triple date The Cheesecake Factory with my friends Kathy, Brandt, Carrye and Jeff.

The one pictured above is not the one we went to but I wanted to include a visual to make things more interesting. The funny thing about this triple date in particular is that the other two couples were both married...and having babies. Now before I say anything else I should say that there is absolutely nothing wrong with this. I'm very happy for both of them and it was a joy to spend the evening with them. But in such circumstances one can't help but make note of it.

ANYWAY one highlight of the evening was that I got to actually FEEL Charlotte...my friend Carrye's baby. She's due in about a month so, as you can imagine, there are a lot of people asking to touch her belly (or sometimes not asking, from what I hear). I didn't want to impose so I didn't ask, but I also said I wouldn't mind it. So a little while after that she grabbed my hand and put it right on the left side of her belly. A few moments later I felt one of the coolest things I've ever felt in my entire life...it felt like a little round wave against the palm of my hand. My heart couldn't help but swoon. I can't wait to meet the little one face to face! And I was happy to be able to spend time with my friends before their babies are outside of their bodies...I plan on packing as much of that in as possible because I'm well aware that scheduling can become very tricky once babies are involved.

Then on Saturday I went to see Epoch Arts' production of the orignal play, Love.

The play was wonderful but I have to admit my favorite part was seeing everyone there...it had been way too long. I hadn't even seen my own sister in weeks! This is obviously something I need to work on...

Then today I managed to be a productive human being! After I went on a walk with my mom and her three dogs I mowed the lawn and did some laundry. Exciting, right?

BUT next week you'll all be in store for some true excitement. Shane and I are making a road trip down to Washington DC to spend a few days there and I plan on doing some photo-journaling like I did in London. I know...try hard to contain your enthusiasm.

6 comments:

  1. You can feel my baby when it is "feel-able" anytime you want. I don't even feel it yet, but I will let you know when it is possible. :P

    Also, I had a great time on Friday and was glad we were able to get together. I plan on seeing you more when you get back from D.C.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shane - Hi to you too. :) Thank you for your comment...I enjoy your reading of my blogging.

    Kath - I look forward to feeling your baby...oh my...that doesn't sound right but you know what I mean. ;) If you want me to I'd be happy to give you a hand with any baby prep stuff you want...or if you just need to get out of the house i'm good for that too. :) Let's please plan some time together when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never got around to commenting, but I wish you hadn't deleted your last post. I thought you really had a great point and I agreed with you wholeheartedly. I never thought you were being negative at all!

    I look forward to your photojournaling of D.C next week. I haven't been there since I was about 8 years old and I'd love to go back. Pick out the cool places for me to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! you DO need to see me more cuz i miss u like craaaazy! and what was your deleted post about? i wanna know

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa - Thank you for your comment post-blog anyway. I really appreciate it. Having it out there just made me feel vulnerable in an icky way for some reason. In the future I will try to be braver and not delete such posts. ;) Also I already know one place you would need to go if you visit DC...you may have seen it on my Facebook. Georgetown Cupcake: http://georgetowncupcake.com/. I will most definitely be stopping there.

    Hillary - It was so nice having lunch with you today! Let's do it more often! And my deleted blog had to do with social media like blogging and Facebook...I started out thinking I was going to make an observation about social media but then wound up just getting myself into a funk...realizing that most people (if not, just myself) are drawn to that type of thing out of loneliness. we just want to be heard...even if we don't know who's listening. something like that.

    ReplyDelete