Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Niagara Road Trip, Day Five: Flowers and Butterflies

So today is our last day in Niagara Falls. We did get a whole extra day that we didn't plan for, but it still doesn't feel like we've been here long. Today we did some non-Falls-related activities and went to the Floral Showhouse and the Butterfly Conservatory. Lots of pretty pictures were taken! Here are just a few...

Here's a sign for the Floral Showhouse...


A turtle in a little pool inside the Showhouse...


There's a little baby turtle in this picture (though he looks just as big as the larger turtle in the previous picture because the camera is zoomed in)...can you find him?

Here are some of the plants that were growing in the showhouse...





Me in front of a statue in the hydrangea display...


Shane with the hydrangeas....


Another pretty flower...


A cool looking tropical bird (there were others but they were hard to take pictures of)...


And here are some pictures from the Butterfly Conservatory...




A butterfly landed on Shane's shoulder...


...twice...


No butterflies landed on me because I got all flinchy and spastic whenever they got close. I didn't mean to! I just get nervous about bugs...even if they're pretty and I wouldn't mind if they crawled on me.

There were some poisonous frogs on display too...they were in a little aquarium...


After leaving the Butterfly Conservatory we jumped aboard a shuttle and headed back to our hotel to chill out for a while. Later we're planning on going to Johnny Rocket's for an early dinner and then we'll take a stroll over to the big ferris wheel that's supposed to give you a very nice view of the Falls. I am determined not to let my fear of heights get the best of me.

Tomorrow we'll be heading out early to begin the long drive home. It's been a really wonderful vacation...we were so unbelievably lucky at just about every turn! I hope anyone reading has enjoyed the stories and pictures!

7 comments:

  1. OOOOOOOO, AHHHHHHHH.....Have a safe ride home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shane looks scared of that butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have thoroughly enjoyed this! will you be doing this for the LBI trip? though ofcourse most of those updates would just include going to the beach haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'd be scared too if there was a vicious butterfly attacking you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I think I'll do this for LBI too. Maybe not every day...because you're right, it would be a lot of "we went to the beach today..." But I think the occasional blog post is in order. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. perhaps even a blog post in between vacations might be nice..

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha ha! I will do my best. ;)

    ReplyDelete