Sunday, May 16, 2010

Our First Place!

So it's official...Shane and I now have our very first place together. :) This week we went and looked at an apartment in a historic house in Portland, unexpectedly fell in love with it (we were very skeptical about it going in...for some reason we thought there'd be a shared bathroom...which, thankfully, there isn't), met with the realtor handling applications for the landlord, and were selected as the new tenants by the end of the week. It all happened so fast but I couldn't be happier. I can't stop talking about it! There's a washer and dryer IN UNIT, an adorable fireplace in the bedroom (though I'm not sure if it works or not yet), those charming details that come with old houses, original hardwood floors in the kitchen and bedroom, a shared front porch and a back porch, it's pet friendly (can't wait to get a dog!)....AND DID I MENTION IT HAS A WASHER AND DRYER IN UNIT??? Who knew I'd ever be so excited about appliances? The only drawbacks are that it's somewhat small, so we'll need to be creative about storage, and there isn't a dishwasher. In my opinion, these are not big drawbacks. Now I just want to hurry up and move already so I can get settled again! Waiting until the end of June is going to be hard...but I'm hoping the time will fly by. SO EXCITED! I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

And I'm sure you'll all be excited to hear that Shane and I are going to be going on a little vacation next week so I'll be sure to do my daily travel postings as I do whenever I take a trip. Our destination? Howe Caverns, Cooperstown, NY to the Baseball Hall of Fame, and then on to Niagara Falls! I've never been to any of these places so I'm very excited. Not to mention I'm in serious need of a vacation after 3 very busy months at work. So much awesomeness going on I can hardly contain myself! EEEEEE!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Busy three months? Whatever are you talking about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to be moving to our wonderful new Portland apartment with you!

    ReplyDelete